What is ICoMI?
The International Congress of Micro-immunotherapy is an international and translational platform for health professionals and researchers to exchange on low dose immunomodulation.
Special session: Ethics
Why is there an Ethics Section at ICoMI?
Since its first edition, one of the key objectives of ICoMI has been to improve patient care. Given the integrative, patient-centred approach we share in, for us it is only natural that an ethical discussion should stand at the same level as the scientific and clinical discussions of the Congress.
This year, we will address the following topics:
- Bringing forward individualised patient care despite the prevailing, replicability-driven scientific and medical paradigm.
- Patient empowerment and a bidirectional dialogue in healthcare.
- Reconsideration of the health professional’s role in a new scenario defined by artificial intelligence, data medicine and the correlative overdiagnosis.
What is immunometabolism?
Immunometabolism is the interplay between immunological and metabolic processes.
On the cell level:
- The immune cell metabolism is not the only influenced by the microenvironment (antigenic stimuli, cytokines, nutrients and metabolites, etc.), but also by the activation and differentiation status of the cell itself.
- Conversely, metabolism is a key determinant of immune cell function.
On the systemic level:
- The immune status and inflammation can have an impact on metabolic system and viceversa.
Thus, health depends on immune and metabolic balance, whereas immunometabolic dysregulation has been associated with different diseases like diabetes, cancer or cardiovascular diseases, among others.
If you wish to get more detailed information on the specificities of the immunometabolic processes, read the article “Fundamentals of immunometabolism and implications for health and disease” and come to ICoMI2022 to delve much deeper into the subject and its clinical implications!
ICoMI2022: your chance to participate
New online opportunities
Since going virtual means saying goodbye to limitations, ICoMI’s second edition harbors 10 fresh opportunities:
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
- Generate and increase brand awareness.
- Promote your products and services.
- Connect with your global audience during the networking breaks and increase your reach and exposure to new clients and businesses.
- Demonstrate your knowledge and expertise in sponsorship sessions.
Back on ICoMI2017…
The first edition of ICoMI brought together for the first time health professionals and researchers to exchange their experiences on micro-immunotherapy in the treatment of autoimmunity and chronic diseases.
Indeed, wanting to strengthen and regulate the immune system becomes an essential therapeutic strategy to improve the treatment of patients and, more particularly, of those suffering from chronic diseases.
In a few words: a success!
- First international meeting on micro-immunotherapy
- 3 days of conferences
- + 300 participants
- 28 countries represented
- 43 sessions (research and medical experience)
Engaged in research and development
Research and development on immunity is evolving very quickly. These advances are bringing new treatments and offering hope for a healthier life.
We believe in the future of low dose immunotherapy (i.e. micro-immunotherapy) and therefore we dedicate a great effort to research and innovation in this field.
Our association is engaged in research and development and we initiate research projects at an international level. We also work in partnership with other associations that share our integrative vision of health.